Friday, October 19, 2012



Hello! Welcome to my new online space. For the past handful of years (well, not so much the last year) I blogged with my dear friend and sister-in-law Melissa at Sugar City Journal. It was a great experience, one that allowed me to explore some creative avenues like girls' clothing, crafts, our small publication (the Sugar City Journal Quarterly), and other random/fun topics. Melissa is an amazing artist and collaborating with her has truly been one of the highlights of my life (which continues, just off-line). As our lives evolved with growing children, shifting of personal priorities and a cross-atlantic move for Melissa, Sugar City Journal ran its course. Now I feel like it's time to open a new chapter. For me, that's focusing on my art a bit more. I hope for this blog to act as my visual journal; my mood board. I'll share my work on the gallery link and periodically offer things for sale in my little shop for those who may be interested. Also I'll devote a section of this website to lessons I've put together for the art program we do at my children's school. That's where much of my creative energy has been directed over the past few years and it's been hugely rewarding. I hope I can encourage other parents who might be considering fostering art programs in their community schools to give it a go.

So here's to being brave, to working hard to develop and grow, to jumping in to something new. 

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for new adventures! I'd love to see some of the projects you've developed for your kiddos school in more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your old site, and i look forward to seeing what you have in store here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to have this virtual blank canvas before you. I very much look forward to seeing all the different colours that fill it over time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little bittersweet as we both began blogging about the same time and Sugar City Journal was, and continued to be, an inspiration to me. More importantly, it helped me stay connected to the creative mind of a dear friend. That is why I am excited about this new site. I just couldn't imagine my life without your inspiration!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Lynne! I am so excited to see your beautiful artwork. I shall miss conspiring with you on sugar city. You are a genius in whatever creative field you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see all your work! This is a great way to keep you creating!

    ReplyDelete